P4HA partnered with Health IT Now to co-host a briefing on Capitol Hill showcasing the Interoperable Pharmacist eCare Plan High Impact Pilot, which has been underway in North Carolina since 2016. Speakers discussed how data sharing between pharmacy systems and electronic health records can improve health outcomes and lower costs. They also discussed how Congress can continue to promote interoperability and medication adherence via legislation and regulations. Click here for a summary of the event.
- July 13, 2017 at the Senate Dirkson Office Building in Washington, DC
- David Pope, PharmD, CDE- Chief of Innovation and Co-Founder, Creative Pharmacist
- Sloane Salzburg, MS- Executive Director, Prescriptions for a Healthy America
- Shelly Spiro, Executive Director, Pharmacy HIT Collaborative
- Troy Trygstad, PharmD, MBA, PhD- Executive Director, CPESN USA & Vice President, Pharmacy Provider Partnerships for Community Care of North Carolina
- Joel White, Executive Director, Health IT Now