P4HA partnered with Health IT Now to co-host a briefing on Capitol Hill where Congressman Schweikert (R-AZ) and a panel of experts discussed the role of electronic prior authorization (ePA) in improving patient care and its use within the Medicare space.
Congressman Schweikert (R-AZ) addressed the need for disruptors to revolutionize the healthcare market and facilitate the adoption of ePA, while the panel discussed how ePA can reduce administrative burdens for providers, lower costs and reduce medication abandonment. They also discussed how Congress and private actors can support H.R. 4841 to promote timely access to drug therapy and promote medication adherence. Click here for a summary of the event.
- April 26, 2018 at the Rayburn House Office Building in Washington, DC
- Congressman David Schweikert (R-AZ)
- Joel White, P4HA (moderator)
- Perry Lewis, CoverMyMeds
- Summer Madden, AstraZeneca
- Cathy Cohen, American Academy of Ophthalmology